HS Course Offerings: Agriculture
- Advanced Agricultural Mechanics, grades 10-12
- Agribusiness Entrepreneurship, grade 12
- Agribusiness Sales & Marketing, grades 9-12
- Agricultural Leadership & Professional Development, grades 9-12
- Agricultural Metal Fabrication, grades 11-12
- Agricultural Power Technology, grades 11-12
- Agricultural Processing Technology, grades 9-12
- Fundamentals of Agricultural Mechanics, grades 9-12
- Fundamentals of Animal Science, grades 9-12
- Introducation to Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources, grades 9-12
- Wildlife & Fisheries, grades 9-12
Agribusiness Entrepreneurship, grade 12¼ credit, Elective
Prerequisites: Only open to seniors who have taken at least two agriculture courses.
Topics covered are: applications in agricultural business management and operation; economic principles; business structures; decision making; budgeting; record keeping; finance; risk management; marketing; technology in business; careers in agribusiness management. Each student will find a job with a local agri-business or farm to develop their skills and they would enter into a contract with the agriculture instructor and a working mentor to receive credit for hours worked on the job. The students will also provide brief reports to the agriculture instructor during the course to monitor progress. The student can earn ¼ credit per term, with a total of one credit being able to be used towards graduation.